I'm not exactly sure how to get started, but I thought it'd be a good place to start recording events of being pregnant, and since I'm on the computer way more than I'd be writing, this works.
I guess I should go back to the beginning. Gabe (my fantastic husband) and I decided that we wanted to try to have a tiny tot of our own. Well, being fortunate, our trying only took a couple months. This is something that I am REALLY thankful for. Also, since I'm a teacher, I wanted to try to get pregnant in August or September. The reason for this, my little mathmeticians, is that then you have a baby in May or June, making summer vacation/maternity leave that much longer and better. Smart planning, I know :o). So, anyway, I was at work, feeling lousy and tired for a couple days, and one particular morning (a Friday morning, September 9, 2011), I was feeling even lousier than usual. I was just assuming this was my body being tired, and feeling crappy as I adjusted to getting up early again for work after summer vacation. I was texting back and forth with Gabe, and mentioned that I wasn't feeling to hot, and he replied that maybe I should take a pregnancy test when I got home. In the back of my mind, I thought maybe I was, but I wasn't "due" for a few more days, so even if I was pregnant, it might not even show up as positive.
Anyway, fast forward through my uneventful workday to about 4:00. I got home, and plopped down on the couch. As I vegged out for a few minutes, Gabe asked, "Well are you going to take that test or what?" So I worked up urge to go, and headed to the bathroom. No one ever tells you how long those 5 or so minutes are from the time you head into the bathroom until you can check for that plus or minus on the stick. After I "performed" the test, I came out to sit on the couch and wait those excruciating 120 seconds. Wouldn't you know, on TV was the delivery scene from the movie Knocked Up. Not the best thing to watch when you're finding out if you're pregnant.
Moving on....so my two minutes was up, and I quickly moved into the bathroom to see our fate, and wouldn't you know; sitting on our counter was an EPT with a faint, but visible plus sign. The next words out of my mouth were, "Holy Sh*t! It's positive." Gabe, being immediately freaked out, just said, "I knew it." Since it was so faint, I decided that I would wait a couple more days, and take another one.
So we made it through the weekend, in a haze, only thinking about being pregnant to Sunday. On Sunday morning--the morning of my sister's baby shower mind you--I woke up to take the test again. This time, the results were FAR more clear. As soon as I looked at the stick, a plus sign was staring back at me. There was no denying it now. I was "with child" as they say.
No comments:
Post a Comment